Detailed Stage 2 General Mathematics Headstart Course hosted by a high achieving graduate (99.90 ATAR & Dux) and current chancellor’s Scholar.
This course will cover three of the harder topics within SACE Stage 2 General Mathematics. These include:
This course will familiarise you with science-based learning and study strategies that will best equip you to maximise your marks throughout year 12. Such skills you will develop throughout this course are guaranteed to promote an in-depth understanding of the underlying concepts, which is essential for approaching test and exam questions with unfamiliar contexts.
In covering the content, you will gain an understanding of the key concepts being tested and effective strategies to approach your test and exam questions to obtain full marks.
You will be provided with test and exam-style questions written for and tailored to this headstart course, as well as comprehensive answers written by an Aim tutor.
This course will be hosted over 5 days in-person at the Eynesbury Senior College Campus on Flinders Street from 10:55am – 12:55pm from Monday 18th January until Friday 22nd January. Online attendance via Zoom will also be available.
Each session will have a duration of 2hrs, making a total of 10hrs of your year 12 preparation complete – and done right.
Giovanni Elias- 99.90 ATAR
99.90 ATAR (Dux), 5 merits and Governor of South Australia Commendation Award Recipient and 100% GPA in Year 12.
Bachelor of Biomedicine/Doctor of Medicine – Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Research Project
- General Mathematics
Showing all 5 results
Stage 2 General Maths (Day 1)
Modelling With Linear Relationships
- Simultaneous Equations – Linear Functions, Solving Equations
- Linear Programming – Setting up Constraints
- Graphing Feasible Regions
- Optimal Solutions
- Bivariate Statistics – Categorical and Numerical Variables
Stage 2 General Maths (Day 2)
Statistical Models Cont.
- Correlation Coefficients – r and r2 values
- Causality Line of Best Fit – Interpolation and Extrapolation
- Linear Regression and Residual Plots
- Exponential Regression
- Normal Distribution – Use of Calculator Functions
Stage 2 General Maths (Day 3)
- Models for Saving – Compounding Values and Calculator Functions
- Taxation and Inflation
- Models for Borrowing – Home loans
Stage 2 General Maths (Day 4)
Financial Maths Cont.
- Strategies to Minimise Interest – Quantity and Frequency of Payments
- Changing Interest Rates
- Lump-Sum Repayments
- Interest-only and Sinking Funds
- Comparison Rates
- Precedence tables & Networks
Stage 2 General Maths (Day 5)
Discrete Models Cont.
- Dummy Links
- Scanning and Critical Pathways
- Slack Times
- Hungarian Algorithm – Cost/Benefit Analysis