Comprehensive Stage 2 Mathematical Methods Headstart Course held by high-achieving graduate (99.95 ATAR and Dux).
This course will cover all topics in SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods, including:
This course will familiarise you with science-based learning and exam revision strategies that will best equip you to maximise your test and exam marks. Such skills you will develop throughout this course are guaranteed to promote an in-depth understanding of the underlying concepts, which is essential for approaching exam questions with unfamiliar contexts.
In reviewing the content, you will gain an understanding of the key concepts being tested in your tests and exam and thus effective strategies to approach your test and exam questions to obtain full marks.
You will be provided with test and exam-style questions written for and tailored to this headstart course, as well as comprehensive answers written by a high achiever.
This course will be hosted over 5 days in-person at the Eynesbury Senior College Campus on Flinders Street from 10:55 am – 12:55pm from Monday 18th January until Friday 22nd January. Online attendance via Zoom will also be available.
Each session will have a duration of 2hrs, making a total of 10hrs of your year 12 preparation complete – and done right.
Archer Newton - 99.95 ATAR
99.95 ATAR (Dux), 4 merits and Governor of South Australia Commendation Award Recipient and 100% GPA in Year 12.
Currently studying a Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/Doctor of Medicine (7 GPA)
- Physics (20.0/20.0 – PERFECT SCORE)
- Research Project
Showing all 5 results
Stage 2 Methods (Day 1)
Basics of Differential Calculus
- First principles
- Rules of differentiation
- Chain rule, product rule, quotient rule
- Equations of tangents
Stage 2 Methods (Day 2)
Trigonometry, Exponentials and Logarithms
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Stationary points
- Derivatives of trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions (chain, product, quotient rule)
- Logistic and surge functions
- Kinematics (displacement, velocity (speed), and acceleration)
Stage 2 Methods (Day 3)
Application of Differential Calculus
- Graphing of Inflections and Shape (and Second Derivatives)
- Rates of Change
Stage 2 Methods (Day 4)
Discrete Random Variables
- Random variables
- Bernoulli distributions
- Binomial distributions
- Expected Value
- Variance and Standard Devaition
Stage 2 Methods (Day 5)
Continuous random variables
- Continuous random variables
- The Normal Distribution
- Probabilities using a calculator
- The standard normal distribution (Z-distribution)