Our Biology Tutor:
Subjects Offered: Biology, Chemistry
Past Student Testimonials:
John's Tutoring Experience:
Throughout the past few years, John has been offering one-on-one tutoring and hosting weekly group tutoring workshops for Biology and Chemistry.
In January this year, he also hosted Headstart Courses for these subjects, where one student, Isabella, wrote:
“Absolutely loved John’s teaching style, loved the way that I was able to make connections and understand the content without having to memorise anything.”
John work’s closely with his students in mentoring them in developing effective and efficient science-backed study techniques which allow them to experience significant improvements in their test/exam and assignment grades.
In October 2020, John hosted Exam Preparation Courses for these subjects through Aim Academics, where his Chemistry course reached capacity and sold out within a few days of sales opening.
The average raw ATAR of students he tutored in 2019 and 2020 was 93.70, with 15% of his students achieving a 99+ ATAR, many of which were seeking tertiary studies in Medicine, Dentistry and Science.
- Graduated with a 99.65 raw ATAR and achieved Dux of Eynesbury Senior College (ESC) in 2018.
- He was the highest achieving SACE Stage 2 Chemistry student of his year (20.0/20.0), receiving the Way College prize and medal for Chemistry.
- Achieved two merits in Biology and Chemistry, with other A+ grades for Physics and Research Project.
- Achieved Dux of Biology, Chemistry & Physics at ESC in 2018.
- Currently undertaking his third year of a Bachelor of Science at the University of Adelaide, completing a double major in Biochemistry and Chemistry.
- He has maintained a 7.0 GPA, achieving a High Distinction in all of his university subjects.
- He has received two scholarships through the University of Adelaide:
– A Principal’s Scholarship (2019) on the basis of his Stage 2 academic results
– A Summer Research Scholarship (2020-2021) in the field of Biological Chemistry.
Interests / Hobbies:
- Enjoys learning how chemical concepts underpin biological phenomena.
- Fascinated by the natural world and likes animals (avid David Attenborough fan).
- Likes going to the gym in his spare time ( when not preparing tutoring material).